Labour Management & Industrial Relations Committee
- Contribute to national policies and legalisation on Human Resource Management and development issues.
- Engage in dialogues with government including formal responses to key proposals.
- Develop individual and collective partnerships with government and trade unions in
respect of employment relations.
- Encourage research in all aspects of the field of labour, employment and workplace.
- Promote the development of management systems and practices that would influence
the maintenance of healthy employer-employee relations in Barbados.
- Contribute to national forum and dialogue on issues that would influence the direction
of industrial relations in Barbados.
- Draw on empirical research evidence and the experiences of HRMAB members to reflect
views of the profession.
- Disseminate to researchers, practitioners and the public through various media research
results, discussions, exchanges and ideas of interest to members.
- Expedite the publication of the industrial relations practices manual developed by the
Barbados Employers’ Confederation (BEC) in 1995.
- Meet with Ministry of Labour, Congress of Trade Unions and Staff Associations (CTUSAB)
and (BEC) to further the development of partnership with them.
- Disseminate information that would keep members abreast of proposed labour
legislation and guide the implementation of their employee relations strategies.
- Host public discussion utilising TV/Radio or symposia to provide mass education in
Industrial Relations (I.R.) matters.