The primary conference audience consists of multiple levels of business professionals from entry level to senior level and C-Suite executives. Human Resource professionals, entrepreneurs, educators and students will also be in attendance. Session content should be geared towards the target audience.
The Youth Session will include secondary school and university undergraduate level students. The presentation’s objective is to stimulate student’s understanding of the tenets of leadership and to sensitize them to begin the development of the requisite competencies. The presentation should inspire and empower future professionals to embrace the fields of leadership and human resource management.
Proposals are solicited for 15-minute and 75-minute presentations that are hands on, interactive, creative, dynamic, and feature best practices in people leadership and human resources. The presentation timeframe will include introductions, presentation material, question and answer session, and evaluation. Attendees should leave with specific knowledge and skills about various aspects of the topic and how it can be applied in the workspace and relates to their future development. Presentations should provide attendees with educational value and refrain from promoting a specific business, product, or service.
Of special note is that the 15-minute presentations are intended to give the attendees a ‘speed dating’ experience regarding a topic and should be fun, engaging and stimulating in content. Presenters will need to captivate the audience and provide insight into a topic within the shortest possible time using multimedia support. Presentations will need to be sent to run autonomously and must run for exactly 15 minutes after which time the presenter will need to stop sharing as another presenter would immediately present.
AREAS OF FOCUS FOR CONFERENCE
- Nuts & Bolts session i.e. Fundamentals of people management. Technical and tips type sessions for professionals at various levels within the organization
- Professional Development largely targeting HR practitioners
- Masters level session especially targeted to the C-Suite professionals
- Big Data
- HR Metrics
- Change management
- Managing Employee transitions inclusive of restructuring, retirement
- Public Sector targeted session
- Student targeted session which may appeal to CAPE and UWI level students. This might be a ‘Building Blocks type course appealing to students of HR or those entering into fields where management of people might be critical
- HR in the Boardroom
If you have a topic that is at the forefront of the industry and within the areas of focus but is not within the aforementioned listing, we would still encourage you to submit the proposal for special consideration.
SUBMISSION REQUIREMENTS & SPECIFICATIONS
Conference Proposal Submission.
All submitters will be notified of acceptance, regret or wait listed by August 7th, 2019. Presenters are encouraged to upload a photograph and a bio at the time abstracts are submitted. Bios are limited to a maximum of 100 words. The goal of the presenter bio is to provide us with insight into your career, experience and major accomplishments. Photographs and presenter bios will be included in our promotional materials.
- Full name, current job title and organization’s name
- Description of your role in the organization and the products/services it provides
- Highlights from your career as it relates to your current position
- Key community service activities
- Personal interests
- Degrees, certifications, awards, honors, authored publications and presentations
- High resolution 300 dpi JPEG file
- Cropped head to shoulder in a medium close up shot
- Company Logo Guidelines (if applicable)
- High resolution 300 dpi JPEG file
Submitting the Full Presentation
Upon acceptance Presenters will be requested to submit PowerPoint Presentations email@example.com. The reference line should read “2019 HRMAB Presentation (Your Name)”:
Full Presentations should be submitted no later than August 28th, 2019.
Presentations should be saved with the following naming convention: Current Year, Underscore, Workshop Title, Underscore, First Initial and Last Name. Example: 2019_Leadership in 2020_JDoe.
FEES & PRESENTER BENEFITS
As a presenter for the 2019 HRMAB People Leadership Conference, you will be guaranteed complimentary full conference registration inclusive of the Pre Conference Mingle and Opening Ceremony on October 2nd, 2019. Conference registration fees are waived for a maximum of one co-presenter.
Additional benefits include access to the HRMAB discounted room rates. HRMAB does not pay presenters a honorarium or speaker fee. However where necessary HRMAB will pay for travel at the regular fare and accommodation for the presenter.
HRMAB is amenable to a variety of workshop presentation formats. Those most desirable at the conference include lecture format, panel presentation, or roundtable discussions. Handouts may be appropriate, depending on the complexity of the topic. Presenters are responsible for providing copies of workshop handouts. Presenters can choose to use their own laptops or can request the use of an available laptop through HRMAB. Presenters will need to advise of their technical requirements at the time of submission of their full presentation.
Abstract Submission Due: July 24th, 2019
Acceptance/Regret/Wait listed Notification Sent: August 7th, 2019
Full Presentation Due: August 28th, 2019