About the Human Resource Management Association
Since our beginnings in 1996, HRMAB continues to be the leading advocate of human resource management issues in Barbados. With a current membership of over 200 human resource professionals from various sectors across the island, the Association boasts the most extensive growing network of individuals knowledgeable in all areas related to Industrial Relations, Labour Management and Human Resource Development.
In an era where the industrial climate can be volatile and maintaining productivity is imperative for any business to succeed, HRMAB is an organization geared towards helping members adopt the best Human Resource practices and guaranteeing that they gain exposure to indispensable HR information. The association also offers practitioners the opportunity to enhance their professional status and become an invaluable asset to their respective organisations. We offer leadership roles and development opportunities for our members, and provide opportunities for member interaction and professional development to enhance and enrich the profession.
Given our mission, we aim to positively influence national and organizational policies and practices that impact the management and development of people. This clearly conveys that we not only facilitate the growth of organizations, but also ensure that the workplace’s most valuable asset, the employee, is enhanced.
- To serve the professional interests of its members.
- To assist in ensuring the profitability and growth of our business through effective management and development of people.
- To positively influence national and organisational policies and practices that impact on the management and development of the people, through communication of the highest ideals and sound values and principles.
- To contribute to the overall development of the community.
- To promote the growth of HRMAB and provide a network for Human Resource Management (HRM) practitioners.
- To provide training for HRM practitioners and continued support through the dissemination and development of best practices.
- To maintain purposeful and meaningful relationships with our stakeholders.
- To ensure the most effective use of our finances and resources by demonstrating sound management practices.
- To foster a culture of service excellence.